Thursday 17 March 2011

One Lovely Blog award

I was surprised and very flattered to receive this award from Yvonne at The Mashburn Collection, Lisa at The Faces of My Family,  Polly at Pollyblog and Valerie at Family Cherished.

Blog stats tell you that people are reading, and comments on your posts show that they are interested, but it means a lot when people take the trouble to show their recognition in this way.

The rules of acceptance are :

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted the award and their blog link.

2. Pass the award on to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered or just love so much.

3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

These are the ones I have chosen, in no particular order. I have chosen to send them to blogs that are the work of an individual, rather than an organization, but that's not in the rules, that's just me. Now this award has a very feminine look about it, so some of the men on this list may not want to adorn their sites with it. Regardless of gender, not everyone wants to participate in this kind of activity. So if anyone I have chosen doesn't want to join in, that's fine, but at least it is an opportunity to draw attention to some of my favourite blogs, and maybe someone reading this might find a new blog they wouldn't have found otherwise.

The Ancestry Insider

Dear Myrtle's Genealogy Blog

Anglo-Celtic Connections

Genea-Musings

Paula's Genealogical Eclectica

Marian's Roots and Rambles

Scottish Genealogy News and Events (SGNE)

Ancestral Wormhole

Geneabloggers

London Roots Research

The We Tree Genealogy Blog

Luxegen Genealogy and Family History

Kith and Kin Research

No more wriggling out of writing woman...

Diary of an Urban Genealogist

Thanks again to Yvonne, Lisa, Polly and Valerie

Print

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a nice surprise. Thank you for thinking of me. I love your list, too. There's some blogs on here I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I was just about to send you a message, but I guess I don't need to now! Glad you like the rest of the list too. So many blogs, so little time (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Audrey, thank you so much for the award and stopping by my blog. I have only been posting for 5 weeks so the award came as quite a surprise. I seem to be in some excellent company based on the other bloggers that you have chosen. I have been following your posts for some time now, they are always interesting. Your blog page is also a nice design and easy on the eye.
    Happy blogging………Tony

    ReplyDelete