- There was a choice of T-shirts this year; I chose 'Digital Dude' (see right)
- Even at a technology conference the technology doesn't always work perfectly.
- There is a fine line between giving a presentation on a subject of interest and delivering an infomercial for your company.
- A surprising number of people were taking notes with pen and paper
- People notice when you are following a script during a Q & A session.
- If you don't mind grazing on candy from the booths you needn't go hungry and it won't cost a bean.
Things I heard and overheard
- 'What I need is a Control+F function' FHL staff member helping a patron with a tricky finding aid
- 'never underestimate the power & tenacity of unemployed PhD grads.' Josh Coates in his keynote presentation
- 'Who is Nick Barratt?' (US genealogist - name withheld to protect the guilty)
- 'When is the "Men of brightsolid" calendar coming out, and can I pre-order?' Amy Coffin, blogger